SAMH’s Young Person’s Individual Placement and Support (IPS) Services support young people with mental health challenges into meaningful employment.
Our specialists will work with you to find and keep a job, or work towards another positive outcome such as securing training or volunteering.
Our focus is you – we will help you explore your strengths and wishes to find something suited to your needs, interests and aspirations.
Who are Young Person’s IPS Services for?
This free service, exclusively for young people, is available to you if you are:
- Aged 16 to 24
- Living in Glasgow or Edinburgh
- Diagnosed with mental health challenges (or awaiting diagnosis)
- Receiving mental health support
- Unemployed and looking for work
If the above sounds like you, we can support you to find work for as long you want.
What does the service do?
If referred to the service, you will be assigned your own dedicated IPS specialist who will:
- Provide you with one-to-one continuous support
- Help you identify your strengths and create or update your CV
- Carry out job searches
- Support you in completing applications
- Prepare you for interviews
- Contact employers on your behalf
Your IPS specialist will work closely with your local community mental health team and your own support network to ensure your goal of gaining employment is part of your care plan – and that everyone is working with you to achieve this goal as part of your ongoing recovery.
How can I access IPS Services?
You can be referred to our service by any health practitioner, including a mental health worker, support worker, social worker, CAMHS or a member of your community mental health team.
Please click here to download a referral form, which you can pass on to your health practitioner.
We’re here to support you for as long as you need. Once you have found a job, your IPS specialist will support you to settle into your new role and organisation, and provide guidance to help continue your employment.
We can also work with you and your employer to ensure any reasonable adjustments are in place to you succeed in your new job.
Get in touch
Want to hear more? Please contact our IPS Support Specialists.
- Guy Wistuba, IPS Support Specialist, via email: Guy.Wistuba@samh.org.uk or phone: 07713 080 406
- Rosie Witham, IPS Support Specialist, via email: Rosie.Witham@samh.org.uk or phone: 07967 015 453
- Patrycja Zelisko, IPS Support Specialist, via email: Patrycja.Zelisko@samh.org.uk or phone: 07759 536 997
Young Person’s IPS Services are delivered in Glasgow with the support of Glasgow City Council (click to download our Glasgow leaflet) and in Edinburgh with the support of Deloitte (click to download our Edinburgh leaflet).