In order to create a mentally healthy workplace one of the things you need to do is focus on staff well-being.
There is still a culture of fear and silence around mental health, especially in the workplace.
Lead the way in Scotland and start your wellbeing programme today.
Workplace Wellbeing Campaigns
One of our most successful campaigns in recent years was the Open Up campaign which has now run in a number of workplaces with great success. It’s all about opening up the issue of mental health and encouraging conversations. At SAMH we know that talking is one of the first steps to better mental health. Here's a few ways you can get involved in the campaign:
- Get in touch to order postcards which encourage conversation and connections - you can send them to friends or pop them around the office.
- Encourage the team to tell five friends about what they're up to and get even more mental health conversations going. You could even record the number of conversations you’ve had in one day.
- Support staff to take a few minutes out of their day to complete the SAMH wellbeing assessment tool.
Lunch and Learn
Would your organisation benefit from a free information session, helping to tackle stigma and discrimination around mental health in the workplace?
SAMH provides a one hour Lunch and Learn session in which employees will look at:
- the work of SAMH;
- what we mean by mental health;
- stigma and discrimination of mental health in the workplace;
- ways to look after your mental health and wellbeing.
The information session will consist of a 40 minute interactive presentation followed by a short group discussion and will be delivered by volunteers who have had lived experience of mental health problems, along with those with extensive knowledge of mental health and wellbeing.
The session is delivered within your workplace and is available throughout Scotland. A maximum of 20 participants can attend each session, but multiple sessions are available depending on volunteer availability.
To book a lunch and learn session please complete the following booking form, providing at least 3 possible dates to allow us to book the most appropriate local volunteer.