At SAMH, we value our colleagues’ contributions to Scotland’s mental health.
Here are some of the benefits our teams enjoy:
- 30 days annual leave, rising to 33 after five years’ service, plus four public holidays (pro-rata for part time).
- Two paid wellbeing days per year (pro-rata for part time).
- A team wellbeing budget to use on activities or initiatives that the team enjoy.
- A variety of permanent and fixed-term contracts including full-time and part-time hours up to 37.5 hours per week.
- Need full flexibility? Bank (or zero hours) contracts are also available in some locations if you need complete flexibility in your working hours.
- Fully-funded Scottish Vocational Qualifications (SVQs) for registered frontline roles.
- We reimburse costs associated with your registration including Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) and Disclosure checks, Scottish Social Services Council registration and annual fees (where applicable to the role).
- We promote employer practices that support your wellbeing and life-work balance, including enhanced family and sick leave and opportunities for flexible working.
- Access to our confidential and independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), which includes access to counselling sessions, wellbeing resources and discounts ranging from gym membership and cinema tickets to store discounts and loyalty points.
- Learning and development opportunities to help you develop and grow professionally and personally.
- Use of the Cycle to Work scheme, providing discounts on bikes and cycling equipment.
Wellbeing at Work and Fair Work Practices
Our people and employment practices at SAMH align with the Scottish Fair Work Framework and we believe fair work is work that offers effective voice, opportunity, security, fulfilment and respect.
One important part of this is our accreditation as a real Living Wage employer.
We are also an accredited Disability Confident Employer which means applicants who have a disability and meet the essential criteria for the post, will be invited to attend for an interview.
And the SAMH wellbeing framework, Our Wellbeing Matters, sets out our commitments to enable a happy, healthy and productive workplace, where colleagues can be themselves and thrive at work.