Scotland’s Mental Health Charter for Physical Activity and Sport aims to empower physical activity and sport communities to improve equality and reduce discrimination, ensuring mental health and wellbeing is not a barrier to engaging, participating and achieving in physical activity and sport.
By signing up to the Charter you will help create the positive change needed.
Are you ready to take action?
You can help achieve this by:
- Actively promoting inclusive practice and ensuring a positive and welcoming environment for all.
- Developing inclusive policies and practices informed by the inclusion of mental health and wellbeing in strategic planning.
- Actively encouraging participation and promoting messages focusing on the benefits of physical activity on mental health and wellbeing.
- Participating in Scotland’s Mental Health and Wellbeing Charter Network supporting meaningful collaboration, sharing resources and best practice.
- Routinely reviewing performance and identifying ways to improve and take positive action in relation to mental health and wellbeing.
SIGN UP NOW
Our organisation pledges to improve equality and reduce discrimination for anyone with a mental health problem, ensuring there is no barrier to engaging, participating and achieving in physical activity and sport.
For the purpose of clarity Scotland’s Mental Health Charter for Physical Activity and Sport is for communication based in Scotland only. For those out with Scotland in the UK, please refer to the Sport & Recreation Alliance at www.sportandrecreation.org.uk/mental-health-charter.
This Charter is for sporting governing bodies (SGBs), or large sports organisations. If you are part of a small community or club level sports organisation and would like to join the Charter, please do so here.
If you’re unsure which category you fall into, don’t worry – just drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org