Have you ever wanted to be there for someone who's struggling, but not known what to say? Or do you worry about saying the wrong thing?
You're not alone. Conversations about mental health can be hard. But you don't need to be a mental health professional to support others in your community.
This elearning course will help you practice how to talk about mental health, and feel more prepared to help others.
- It's free.
- It takes about 90 minutes, but you don't have to do it all at once. You can leave or take a break at any time and it will save your progress.
- When you register you’ll get an email with a link to start the course.
This link will take you to our learning platform and invite you to register.
More about the course
Conversations in the Community will take you through five elearning modules:
- Welcome: Introducing our course
- Getting ready: What is it like to experience mental health issues?
- Starting a conversation: Connecting and building trust
- During a conversation: Listening, reflecting and learning from mistakes
- After a conversation: Looking for support together
You can complete any of the sections in your own time, and at your own pace.
We developed our Conversations in the Community course with support from the Co-op National Charity Partnership. For more information on the partnership, please click here.