Job Reference: W608
The SAMH National Employment Team operates high quality services to support customers to access and sustain employment. An opportunity has arisen to join the team and make a positive impact on the lives of the customers we support
Post: Employment Solutions Manager
Location: Glasgow or Edinburgh
Hours: 37.5 per week
Salary: £30,630 to £33,921 (Salary Point 34 – 38)
Working as a member of the management team you will drive the delivery and performance SAMH employment solutions services, programmes and contracts. You will manage a staff team across Scotland and will be responsible for contract compliance, performance management, designated budgetary and financial matters and health and safety. You will also be responsible for liaising with contractors and partners and providing reports and management information on a regular basis.
You will have experience of working to tight deadlines in a target driven environment and of working/liaising with employers. Although based in the above stated locations the post involves travel across Scotland therefore a full driving licence and access to your own transport is essential.
If you would like to discuss the role further please contact Oxana MacGregor-Gunn on 07711 389680
Closing date for all applications will be Thursday 24th September at 12 noon.
Interviews will take place on 30th September and 01st October 2020
PVG Scheme Membership, a Right to Work in the UK check and proof of qualifications declared on the application form are required.
Applications are welcome from people who have experienced mental health difficulties.
Application forms, job descriptions and guidelines are available to download from our website www.samh.org.uk.
Please note that your application should be completed electronically and emailed back to email@example.com, no other form of application will be accepted.
Job Title: Employment Solutions Manager (ESM)
Job Family: Employment Team
Department/Service/Area: National Employment Team
Reports to: Head of Employment
The Employment Solutions Manager will be responsible for the delivery and development of employability services within their remit. Ensuring contractual compliance and achievement of targets.
The Employment Solutions Manager will lead and manage team of IPS Specialists and/or Advisors to deliver contract requirements.
The post holder will be accountable for budgetary and financial management across their remit.
The post holder must have a full drivers licence and has access to a car.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Within area of responsibility:
Within area of responsibility:
• Full line management responsibility for services and staff within specific remit.
• Designated budgetary and financial management.
• Implementation and adherence to all SAMH policies and procedures.
• Delivery of contractual performance and income targets
• Implementation and adherence to all SAMH policies and procedures across the service
• Maintaining direct contact with commissioners to address all operational issues relating to service delivery, including regular review meetings.
• To negotiate and manage referrals from referrals sources, commissioners and other referral sources To ensure implementation of a continuous improvement framework relating to regulation and contract monitoring
• To build and maintain a range of key local relationships pertinent to the provision of direct services
Key Result Areas
• Will ensure contractual compliance in all service elements including delivery and income targets.
• Will ensure the delegated budgets operate within organisational monitoring and reporting arrangements.
• Will ensure the service meets agreed contractual capacity.
• Will implement SAMH policy and guidance in relation to the supervision and appraisal of direct reports.
• Will participate within the network of locally based key stakeholders including prime and other contractors, Jobcentreplus staff, Local Authorities, Health Boards and other relevant stakeholders to further develop and enhance SAMH employment solutions.
• Will support Senior Management to further develop the SAMH Employment solutions across Scotland.
• Will support senior management to implement the business plan which supports the delivery of the Corporate Strategy.
• Will ensure the implementation of a continuous improvement framework within the service.
• Will work with senior management to deliver the range of SAMH national programmes and enabling strategies within the service.
• Will ensure own personal and professional development in line with objectives and key results areas of job description.
Key Working Internal Relationships & Contacts
•• Will form part of the National Employment management team and work to support senior management to deliver relevant contract(s).
• Will develop and sustain key external relationships with all relevant external stakeholders including prime and other contractors, Jobcentreplus staff, Local Authorities, Health Boards and other relevant stakeholders to further develop and enhance SAMH employment solutions.
Working Environment/ Special Circumstances
• Must possess a full driving licence and have access to own transport as travel throughout Scotland is a key feature of this post
• Lone Working
• Drivers licence and access to a car
Experience & Qualifications
Experience in managing the delivery of employability and/or employment services - Essential
Experience in managing complex contracts to maximise delivery and income generation - Essential
Experience in team and individual development and management - Essential
Experience in managing budgets - Essential
Experience in working across sectors - Essential
Proven track record of delivery within a high performance, target driven, high pressure environment - Essential
SVQ Level 4 in Leadership and Management is or equivalent - Essential
Knowledge & Skills
Thorough understanding of the employability, employment and welfare to work sector including contracting environment, external policy context and partnership agenda - Essential
Detailed understanding of the needs of the business community in relation to employability and employment - Essential
Sound knowledge of best practice in management and leadership approaches - Essential
Sound knowledge of best practice in the provision of employability and employment services - Essential
In depth understanding of national priorities and service development needs relating to employment and employability services - Essential
Sound understanding of continuous improvement frameworks such as business excellence and national care standards - Essential
Ability to respond creatively to emerging needs of customers - Essential
Ability to manage and resolve conflict - Essential
Ability to balance competing priorities within tight timescales - Essential
Ability to balance competing priorities within tight timescales - Essential
Core Competencies and Commitment
At SAMH, our values underpin everything we do. We believe that everyone has the right to be treated with dignity, respect and equality. We believe that everyone is entitled to hope and choice and to achieve personal fulfilment.
These are the competencies that SAMH looks for and expects from staff who support the people who use SAMH social care services. These competencies enable SAMH to deliver its core purpose of mental health and wellbeing for all.
Behaviour and SkillsRecovery Focussed
Empathise, inspire and motivate others.
Deliver person centred and recovery focussed support to enable individuals to achieve positive outcomes.
Communicate effectively and professionally and contribute to the accurate recording and monitoring of all case and incident recording systems. This includes communications by email, by phone/text and other on-line methods.
Build and develop positive relationships with those who use our services.
Engage with a range of people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Deliver a high standard/quality of work
Maintain the highest personal and professional standards. Work professionally and collaboratively with internal and external colleagues, those who use our services and members of the public and to meet the requirements of funders and regulators.
Undertake personal responsibility for conduct and work ethic in line with SAMH Code of Conduct, the SSSC Codes of Practice and other relevant professional standards.
Critical Reflection and Learning
Ability to reflect on own practice and learn from own experiences and those of others.
Develop skills and knowledge of theory and practice and understand where role fits within SAMH and externally.
Supportive of Equality and Diversity
Challenge inequality and stigma; recognise and respond to the barriers individuals and groups face within society.
Treat all people within SAMH (both staff and service users) fairly and with respect regardless of their age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and/or sexual orientation
Commitment to Health, Safety and Well-being
Understand, encourage and carry out the principles of integrated safety management; comply with SAMH Health and Safety Policy and Procedure; complete all required H & S training; take personal responsibility for safety.
Ensure the people who use our services have the opportunity to get involved in their support, their service, their community or in SAMH as an organisation.
Ability to work as part of a team.
Service User Engagement
Develop, maintain and demonstrate a wide range of interpersonal skills when working with the people we support, including: open-minded, respectful, active listening, empathetic, promote independence, maintenance of confidentiality, honest, honourable in agreements and practices, appropriate body language, solution focussed, supportive and approachable, non-judgemental, pro-active, patience and resilience, professional approach.